Hello Readers! I have seen many book tags on YouTube and read some on blogs. Book Tags are pretty fun to do, so let’s do a Tag! ( I was not tagged for this one, but I decided to do it anyway!)
I saw The Readers Problem Book Tag on Frappes and Fiction and decided to go ahead and do it!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I am a mood reader and it normally depends on what I am currently reading. If I am reading a book in a genre, I am liking then I will probably end up choosing the next book in the same genre! It is hard to choose a book to read next from an infinite TBR, but the mood saves the day! (phew)
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Till last year I used to read every book even though I am not liking it, but then I would fall into a reading slump instantly. So from this year, I decided not to force myself and started putting books in the DNF zone ( Did Not Finish).
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I have kept a goal for reading 100 books this year and I have currently read 61 books so far. Honestly, I don’t want to pressure myself with the challenge because I have kept it for myself. But, yes I am trying to catch up with the challenge because it is fun! I am going at my own pace with the challenge.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t care if a series has mismatched covers. I loved the series that is what matters to me, so it’s fine if it has different covers!
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Everyone has different opinions and If I don’t like a particular book then it would probably be my mistake or the overhype got me! I don’t hesitate in sharing my honest opinion about a book.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don’t normally flood with tears for a book, but if I am about to get teary-eyed for a book in public, then I will probably put the book aside for a minute, collect my emotions and then start reading again lol!
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Normally this does not happen much with me because I ensure that I write a summary and my review for the book.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I have not been in this situation yet! So I am skipping this one!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I recently came out of a reading slump and from my experience, I have stopped forcing myself to read because then my reading slump will keep stretching to a point where I may completely stop reading. So I end up taking a break and then I take baby steps again by reading short books that eventually bring me out of the reading slump!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I would buy 10% of it. I love reading new releases that I have been excited about, but I also love to read books that were released in the past. So whenever I do book shopping, I buy a mixture of new releases (that I am dying to get my hands on) and some old releases ( that I haven’t read yet)!
11.After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I have this bad habit of abandoning books that already exist on my shelf and are yet to be read. I jump on the new books instantly because I am way too excited to read them! So the answer to the question is that I don’t let those new books sit for a longer time XD.
I had so much fun doing this tag! Feel free to do this tag and let me know your opinions over these questions in the comments below!