Hello, readers! Today is Makar Sankranti! It is an Indian festival where everyone gathers and flies kites. The sky looks so colorful and pretty today! There are kite flying competitions and everyone eats sweets! Lohri and Pongal are another two festivals that are celebrated too!
I was nominated by Riddhi B. @Whispering Stories, check out her blog, she posts great content! Thank you Riddhi for nominating me!
- Thank the person/fellow Indian sweets’ lover who nominated you! (or whose blog you found out about this award through)
- Answer the 5 Indian sweets-related questions and add one of your own!
- Share some pictures of your all time favorite Indian sweets.
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who love Indian sweets and leave an open nomination for every Indian sweets’ lover around the world.
1. What are your top three favorite Indian sweets?
Motichur Laddoo, Rasgulla, and Chumchum are my favorite sweets! Ah, I am hungry now…
2. What’s an Indian sweet you haven’t tried yet but really want to?
Ah, nothing is coming to my mind right now. I think I have not eaten Sondesh, I don’t remember lol.
3. Name one sweet which is traditionally made in your city/state.
I live in Maharashtra, Modak and Puran Pori are famous in Maharashtra! Although on this festival, in particular, Maharashtrians make bhujiya, Shakar pada, chivda, and besan laddoo today at home! I am technically from Punjab, so Pinni is the most famous sweet there!
4. Which kind of ladoo is your favorite?
Motichoor Laddoo without a question is my most favorite laddoo! I can eat it all day long XD.
5. Have you ever tried a chocolate-flavored Indian sweet? If yes, name it.
Personally, I am not a fan of chocolate-flavored sweets because I don’t really get a taste of chocolate in the sweet. Although I have eaten Chocolate Barfi once, it is not my favorite.
Riddhi’s Question: Have you ever tried making an Indian sweet at home? Which one?
Yes, I have helped my mom in making Sukdi once. It tastes so good! Also, we have made Coconut Laddoo at home a couple of times too.
My Question: One sweet that you can eat for the rest of your life?
Some Pictures Of My Favourite Sweets:
- Riya @Hmmm…
- Shruvi @The Shamelessly Bookstruck
- Suhani @Random Reader’s Rambles
- Ashmita @The Fictional Journal
- Nehal @Quirky Pages
- You Proud Indian! Go for it!
I have never struggled so much while writing a post, I AM HUNGRY NOW lol! Anyways, once again thank you Riddhi for tagging me and I hope this post made you hungry muahahaha!