Hello Bookish People! Hope all are doing good. I am very late to this tag, but I was very excited to do this tag as every bookish creator shares their reading updates after 6 months! I am not aware of the original creator of this tag, but I found this over at Twirling Book Princess. Let’s get into the tag!
For Your Information:
I have read 19 books so far and my goal is to read 50 books by the end of 2022.
1. What is the best book you have read so far in 2022?
Verity hands down is the best book I have ever read. It surprised and shocked me that an author could write a story like this. I devoured this book in a day, loved it!
2. What is the best sequel you have read so far in 2022?
So I haven’t read any sequels except It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han which I did not like.
3. What is a new release that you haven’t read yet but want to?
I have been wanting to read this book for a long time. Although I have never read a VE Schwab book, somehow I found the summary of this book very intriguing.
4. What is your most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
I am so desperate for these books to come out!
The Final Gambit: 30th August
The Weight Of Blood: 6th September
Nine Liars: 27th December
5. What was your biggest disappointing book so far?
I gave this book a two stars rating. By the end of it, I was so irritated by the story and characters. I had almost dnf’ed this book but then ended up finishing it.
6. What was your biggest surprising book so far?
I did not expect this book to be good. The ending totally surprised me and I enjoyed the summer setting and the relationship between the cousins!
7. Who is your favorite new author (debut or new to you)?
Karen M. McManus is a phenomenal author! Her murder mysteries and thrillers are top-notch! Absolutely love her writing style, story, and character development!
8. Who is your new fictional crush?
Conrad Fisher from The Summer I Turned Pretty is my new fictional crush!
9. Who is your newest favorite character?
None comes to my mind right now. I guess I did not find any character that I connected with or found relatable yet.
10. What books made you cry?
When I read the ending, I broke down. The whole book has shown such a deep relationship between the characters and the summer setting was also so good!
11. What is one book that made you happy?
As this book is about a girl exploring Japan and finding love, it was very enjoyable. It is happy and funny that I always love in contemporary stories.
12. What is the most beautiful book you have bought or received so far this year?
I received this book from the publisher and when I first saw this book, I was in love with the cover!
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
There are so many books I need to finish. The list does not end! XD
So this was the mid-year freakout tag, I enjoyed answering the questions! See you until the next post 😀